Tips For Fabulous Maternity Portraits Pregnancies Need To Know
Looking belly beautiful is easy. Here are a few tips to consider before coming in for your sitting.
– Your maternity session could include the father and older children to reflect your beautiful growing family.
– Pick the right time. Schedule your session when you are in your seventh or eighth month of pregnancy. Your belly will have a lovely, full shape.
– Remember, when you schedule between weeks 31 and 36 also gives you plenty of time to order additional maternity portraits.
– Showing a bare ᴛᴜᴍᴍʏ can be tricky. If you wish to show your bare ᴛᴜᴍᴍʏ, wear ʟᴏᴏsᴇ-Fɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴄʟᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴀᴠᴏɪᴅ ᴇʟᴀsᴛɪᴄ/clothing marks.
– Avoid any glare. Apply lotion at least an hour before your session to avoid the shiny belly-look and staining your clothes.
– If you are showing bare skin, try to moisturize your knees and elbows.
– Hands are in important, too! Get a manicure or a light polish for a more finished look in a close up of your hands around your belly.
– Remove tight-Fɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴄʟᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴄᴄᴇssᴏʀɪᴇs, like watches and bracelets, at least two hours before your session.
– You may want to include a few baby things like a cute pair of shoes or a cherished family heirloom in your portrait.
You and your beautiful growing belly are the stars of your maternity portraits. Here are a few additional suggestions to make this special moment in your life memorable:
– Avoid big floral prints, swirls, plaids and stripes. Large patterns distract.
– Form-fitting clothes with a little stretch will compliment your figure rather than loose clothing.
– Long sleeves tend to be the most flattering, but sleeveless and spaghetti straps work well. Avoid t-shirt length sleeves.
– If you want to show your bare belly, consider wearing a top and skirt or pants that won’t leave binding marks across your ᴛᴜᴍᴍʏ.
– Silk and cotton fabrics drape beautifully around a pregnant body.
– Empire-waist blouses and dresses, button-up shirts, tank tops, long drawstring skirts and tie dresses can really enhance your blossoming shape.
– Dark jeans and black tapering yoga pants make your le
– Don’t forget the feet. Pick your footwear depending on your clothing. If your toes are exposed in a sandal-style, you might want to get a pedicure.
– If you choose tighter clothing, consider your undergarments with the style of clothing you choose to wear. You might not want lines showing through your clothing.
– When choosing ways to show your style, consider a cheerful scarf, or sweater – even chunky jewelry can add fun splashes of color.