12 Things No One Tells You About Pregnancy – Unbelievable Pictures
When it comes to pregnancy, apparently everyone knows ‘everything about it (note how we used the word ‘apparently’). The ᴄʀᴀᴢʏ thing is that no matter how many books or magazines you read on pregnancy, you will only know that ‘real’ pregnancy is nothing like they say in the books.
Bored Panda made a series of humorous pregnant comics about those things your doctor might not have told you about, which we’re confident will be relatable to every parent out there. Take a look at the illustrations in the gallery below
1. Let’s face it: Every pregnant mother knows what it’s like to be hit with a sudden urge to binge on some snack at any point in the day (or night).
2. Women have a heightened sense of smell during pregnancy.
When it comes to a more acute sense of smell during pregnancy, you may once again point the finger at those troublesome ʜᴏʀᴍᴏɴᴇs. Estrogen may make even the tiniest of scents feel like a full-scale assault on your senses.
3. Bᴀᴄᴋᴀᴄʜᴇ during pregnancy is a very common problem amongst most pregnant women.
Not only can it cause trouble in sleeping but also impede you from doing the smallest of chores. So, be very careful not to let that door key slip from your buttery fingers or else… You are ‘ʜ0ᴍᴇʟᴇss (at least for a while!).
4. You know what? Dump that phone in the bin (don’t really do that). Burn it to the ground (don’t do this either).
And enjoy a luscious piece of cake! On a serious note, do not be bothered by all those perfect-looking moms on Instagram. It’s okay to chill out and relish in your comfort food amidst all the cramps, baby kicks, and whatnot.
5. If you have always dreamt of buying those maternity outfits ever since you found out you are pregnant, get ready to spend those dollars.
Because pregnancy clothes can be super expensive. Or, an easy way out is stealing your hubby’s clothes that are oversized for you. Voila! Problem solved.
6. Literally, anything can be an emotional trigger during pregnancy… even a cat doing a moonwalk!
In the first trimester of pregnancy, mood swings and weeping spells are quite typical. Having a kid, for example, is a life-changing event that can take some time to process emotionally. Breathe in and relax. It’s your pregnancy, so if you feel like crying, do so!
7. When the whole of your body is growing, why should your feet stay behind in the race? Your feet will continue to grow in size until late during pregnancy.
This is because pregnancy causes a certain hormone to be released. This hormone intends to relax certain body tissues, including those in the feet, which results in a growth in foot size. So Cinderella, if you find that one shoe that finally fits, hold on to it! You are not finding another anytime soon!
8. Is it the fifth time you went to that room to get ‘something’?
Probably a vase? Or maybe your glasses… You will never know! The culprit behind you losing focus, forgetting things, and even stepping outside in your home clothes is what you call ‘mommy brain’ or ‘pregnancy brain’. For sure, it does not have a care in the world!
9. Here is the assurance you needed: No, it is not a ʙᴀᴅ idea to shift to the washroom entirely, because the urge to p.ee is not stopping anytime soon.
10. Sometimes you may feel ʙᴀᴅ about how you look. Just keep in mind that your body does not just need the utmost care but also sheer love.
Do not downgrade the way you look. You are absolutely gorgeous – keep slaying.
11. It’s okay! Nobody’s judging. Take that 5-hour long nap after all. You need it.
12. Okay, we will give it to you straight: Childbirth can be a little scary sometimes. But, you are strong and the joy of bringing a new life into the world will far outweigh the fear.